Today was another wash out, weather wise, so we didn't do much but stay inside. So I thought I'd take this post to talk about my middle child tonight. Her name is Kaelah Irene Whitt. We call her "K.K." or "Buggie." Her sister Haleah calls her "K-tah," so we've taken to calling her that too.
Kaelah is a little peanut and is 18 months old. She and I share the same birthdate. She is in the 1 to 3rd percentile in weight and height, but in the 75th percentile in head circumference. We were concerned for a while about her smallness, as her pediatrician originally put that fear in us. She had a heart murmur, but that turned out to be what they call an "innocent" murmur. We also had her tested for various other ailments through blood testing, including Celiac disease, but all tests came out normal. So now, we are convinced that Kaleah is normal, but is just a little bitty! And she looks and acts healthy to us!
Although Kaleah is small, she eats more than her sister and is a born leader. She is so lovable and sweet that people seem to want to be where she is and be doing what she is doing. Kaelah always seems to come up with creative things to do on her own and can entertain herself quite well. She is also a helper and likes to help me pick up the house. She takes her clean clothes to her room after I fold them and throws trash away when I tell her to. She is a people pleaser. She always says "sorry" to her sister, even when she is the one that got whalloped or had the toy taken from her. Kaelah is also very outgoing and is not afraid of other bigger kids, even the ones at Chick Fil A that try to run her over on the indoor slide. But she gets right in there and doesn't let the bigger ones push her around. (She calls Chick Fil A, "flay," and loves to go there).
Other things K.K. loves: Barney, Dora, our cat, riding in the stroller, seeing Daddy come home, gummy treats, wearing hats, dressing up with jewels and princess stuff, trying on big shoes, buckling things, taking baths, inspecting new things, sucking on her right ring and middle fingers, drinking juice from her princess cup, bagels with cream cheese, bananas, going for rides, brushing her teeth, making funny faces and giving "woobahs" (aka. kisses).
I also love all of the words Kaelah says. She says "troll" for the remote control, for instance, and it's so cute. She also says, "naw nee," for "naughty," when I'm talking about naughty corner. Today, Haleah put her bear into our naughty corner for "hitting Kaelah," and Kaelah told the bear that he was "naw nee."
Kaelah is a wonderful addition to our family. She was a mommy's baby and is turning into a daddy's girl, just like her older sister. However, she is still our cuddle bug. These are just a few things I love so much about my Kaelah.
No comments:
Post a Comment