Tuesday was a fun day. I took the girls to Walmart in the morning so that David could get the lawn mowed in peace. The girls were well behaved at the store. But during checkout, Haleah helped me put the groceries on the conveyor belt and put the Puffs from our diaper bag up there too. So, I ended up paying for Puffs two times, since I didn't realize what she had done until we were all buckled up and back into the car. By then, there was no way I was going to drag three children out again for a $2.00 reimbursement at Customer Service. I have to let some things go...
Haleah had terrible diarrhea about 7 times today. I feel so bad for her. She screams when I change her diaper. I told her that if she goes big girl potty that her bottom might feel a little better because the poopy wouldn't sit on her skin. I think that comment went in one ear and out the other...
After dinner, we met up with the family to go to the Kiddie Carnival. Cora was late because she was straightening her hair and putting on makeup--for a Kiddie Carnival! Then we had to track down her friend's shirt and shoes left at my mother-in-law's house. It was frustrating, but we finally made it to the carnival. I was trying to be on time, because it was a party put on at the carnival by my church, and I only had a small window for my children to attend before bed time.
Anyhow, the kids had fun. Kaelah loved the little cars that go around and around. I think it started lulling her to sleep at one point, though, because she started sucking on her fingers. She didn't like the merry-go-round. She was so scared and was holding on so tight, that she had blisters on her thumbs. I didn't realize this though, until after the ride because she wasn't screaming at all. She started crying after she was back in my arms.
Anyhow, the kids had fun. Kaelah loved the little cars that go around and around. I think it started lulling her to sleep at one point, though, because she started sucking on her fingers. She didn't like the merry-go-round. She was so scared and was holding on so tight, that she had blisters on her thumbs. I didn't realize this though, until after the ride because she wasn't screaming at all. She started crying after she was back in my arms.
Haleah loved the swings that go around and around. She wasn't sure about them at first, but then she started to smile and be excited as the ride progressed. Jim, from church, held Rebekah for me for a good part of the evening and he said it was the highlight of his day. I thought that was sweet.
We got home a little after 8pm, and the girls were exhausted. Kaelah poured all of the Puffs (the infamous, expensive ones from the morning trip to Walmart) out into the entryway. And when Kaelah went to eat some of them, Haleah pushed her down twice. Meltdowns began because they were so tired. Somehow I got them cleaned up and into bed. I was too tired to blog last night. I ate some cereal and did pick up the disastrous Puff mess before I went to bed. This was enough of an accomplishment for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment