Bekah had her 2 month doctor's appointment today. She weighs 11.14lbs. She is in the 75th percentile in weight. She is 22 inches, which is in the 50th percentile in height. She got three shots today too, which I hate going through. I refused the rota virus vaccination, though, because Kaelah threw hers up three times when she had it, and it was an awful experience. And it wasn't around for Haleah's time. So, I made the decision on the spot to skip it.
Mid afternoon was fierce when Bekah started screaming her lungs off like she was in extreme pain. I could not comfort her or soothe her, and she wouldn't nurse. I was thisclose to taking her to the emergency room. I finally calmed her down, but she wouldn't let me put her down. It was pretty rough. Somehow I managed to make Chicken Parmesan for the family, including for my nieces and sister-in-law and mother-in-law. It turned out good. We also had cucumber salad, made using cukes from Mr. Beau's garden next door. I told ole Beau that I didn't have to plant my own garden because I have him!
Today Kaelah pulled a Houdini act on me. She told me she pooped in her diaper, so I asked her follow me back to my room to change her. She began to follow me, but when I looked back after a minute, I saw Kaelah pointing towards the floor saying, "biper. biper." I looked down and there was her poopy diaper on the floor, but her shorts were still on. How'd she do that? I still don't know. But what I do know was that it was a poopy mess everywhere, including on the inside of her shorts. Some days I get SO tired of poop, I could just scream!
Tonight after dinner I tried to bathe the girls, but Kaelah refused to sit in the tub. And normally she LOVES bath time. So I had to rush and wash her while she was standing up, screaming. Then, because Kaelah was somewhat out of control, I had to quick wash Haleah and pull her out. I decided to calm everyone down by taking them outside for a few minutes, in their pajamas. Haleah went to her swing, and within a minute, did a somersault flip onto the ground. Mr. Beau (who is well over 80 years old by the way), came flying off his front porch thinking Haleah was half dead. Turned out she was okay. Whew! Then we road the kids' tot bikes for a bit in the driveway. I attempted to push Kaelah up the part of the driveway that slants, when I instead helped scrape her bare toe on the pavement. Out came the blood, pouring from the big toe. Ooops! I scooped up all kids and rushed inside to the bathroom to patch the toe. Then we all read together on the couch, brushed teeth and went to bed---finally!
p.s. The pic is when Gracyn and Haleah played dress up as "ladybugs."
No comments:
Post a Comment